News Update :

Joakim Noah sorry for ref incident

Sunday, March 25, 2012

DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah apologized to the officiating crew on Sunday afternoon after he was ejected during Saturday night's win over the Toronto Raptors for throwing the ball in referee Derrick Collins' direction.

Noah will not be suspended, according to a league source.

"That was wrong," Noah said. "I was frustrated at the call and I overreacted.

"I just feel bad for what happened. I just want to apologize to the ref for coming at him like that. It was wrong of me; I was just frustrated and I just hope he reads this and accepts my apology."

With 1:28 remaining in the second quarter, Noah was whistled for a call he did not agree and was almost instantly rung up for a technical foul. Shortly thereafter, he tossed the ball towards Collins and was whistled for his second technical foul.

Tom Thibodeau, who expressed his frustration toward Noah's decision after Saturday's game, hinted that he and the young center discussed the incident on Sunday.

"We handle that stuff internally," Thibodeau said. "It was some frustration on his part, but he'll be fine."






source:http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/7734923/joakim-noah-chicago-bulls-apologizes-incident-referee
Share this Article on :

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright Sports in UK 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.