News Update :

Salido-Juanma Presser Quotes

Thursday, March 8, 2012


Television camera crews and reporters packed the Verdanza Hotel on Wednesday for the final press conference for Salido-Lopez II – the rematch of one of last year’s most shocking upsets – just three days before WBO featherweight champion Orlando “Siri” Salido (37-11-2, 25 KOs) defends his title against the man he dethroned, former world champ Juan Manuel “Juanma” Lopez (31-1, 28 KOs) on Saturday at the Roberto Clemente Coliseum in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

In the co-feature, undefeated #1 featherweight contender Mikey Garcia (27-0, 23 KOs) will face former featherweight title challenger Bernabe Concepcion (31-4-1, 17 KOs) in a 10-round featherweight bout. Both bouts can be seen on Showtime.

Here are what the fighters had to say on Wednesday:

Juanma Lopez: “This fight is going to be a war. Orlando, you had a good night last year – but I want my title back. I let you wear the belt for 11 months but I’m bringing it back to where it belongs on Saturday. I have had a great preparation for this fight and I’m very confident. I never gave excuses about my last fight with Salido. He won. He knocked me out, fine. I don’t make excuses; I fight. If the ref didn’t stop the fight when he did last time, I’d still be fighting.”

Orlando Salido: “Entering the first fight, I had some doubts but now I have beaten Juanma and I know I can beat him again. I am 1000 percent sure I can win. I’ve been in the gym preparing and I know what to expect. Even though I won last year, I still have something to prove. In the ring, we have a score to settle…I don’t have much to say, that’s not who I am. It’s the press that said Juanma made excuses. To me, it doesn’t matter either way. My job is the same on Saturday night no matter what.”

Mikey Garcia: “My fight with Concepcion is a tough fight. It’s a dangerous fight and it means everything to me. If I want my title shot, I need to win. There has been talk about me fighting the winner of Lopez and Salido. I want my chance. I hope to fight the winner of Saturday night’s fight for the belt before the end of the year.”

Bernabe Concepcion: “I’m excited for fight night on Saturday against Garcia. I came to Puerto Rico once before (in July 2010 to fight Lopez). Thank you to the promoters and all the fans for having me back but I hope for a different result this time.”


source:http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/salido-juanma-presser-quotes-109776
Share this Article on :

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright Sports in UK 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.